November 30, 2006

Prayer Request- my grandmother

I have a prayer request.
While I was in Orlando, my precious grandma entered hospital last Sat.(on 25th).

I talked with her on the phone at Japanese time 10:30 on 24th, at that time she was really fine!

But in the afternoon she started to say, "My legs and arms are becoming numb..."
and next day(25th) the symptoms were worse, so the rehabilitation center (where she is now) sent her to the hospital.

The hospital found out that she had a cerebral infarction.

My mom told me right after I got to Osaka, because she was afraid of telling me and she wanted me to enjoy my vacation in America.
First she didn't say my grandma had a cerebral infarction because the name "cerebral infarction" sounds very serious, and my mom thought I would go crazy and cry..
First my mom said, "Now grandma is in a hospital, but don't worry, just she is a little sick."
and she responded my email and said "Her legs and arms are becoming numb."

I thought she was just sick. I have no knowledge about cerebral infarction.

Finally my mom told me when I got to the hospital.
I went to the hospital directly from the airport with my suitcase.

I didn't cry because I don't know about cerebral infarction so much, and I'm kind of ready for the worst because my grandma is grandma(old people).

When I got to her room, she was sleeping.
According to my mom, she had been sleeping all day, so I couldn't talk to her.
Once she said to me, "Welcome home", but she doesn't remember...

When I was looking at her face, I felt very sorry for her, but I tried to not cry.

On 27th, she was crazy...
We think she was panicked because she wasn't given supper...
According to my family, she was talking to herself in the picture, to my family in the window...
My family was scared by her action, and they were afraid her dementia might have started...
She tried to get out from the bed, thrust her finger into her mouth, pulled out an intravenous drip.
So my mom had to stay night with her.

Last night(29th) I went to see my grandma, and she woke up, and I showed her pictures taken in America.
She was OK and she was lucid.
We could talk.
But still she can't raise her right arm and leg.


I want you to pray that.....
-She will recover from this as soon as possible and be back to the rehabilitation center.
-She won't have dementia.
-She won't have a sequela (an aftereffect of this disease).
-God will open her heart and she will be saved!
-God protects my mom's health who has been absent from work and is constantly going back and forth between home and hospital by bicycle.

Thank you!

No comments: