
A few weeks ago, I held a "Takoyaki Party" at Liz's house.
My friends who volunteered for ITAMI WASSHOI got together this time.
Except two of them, all of us were Christians!!
I love mixing my friends into the same group and hung out together.
It is always good chance for my non-Christian friends to meet my friends from church, and it will be easier for them to come to church :)

"Takoyaki" is the one of famous food in Osaka.
Most of families in Osaka have this "Takoyaki maker", and I'm often asked by people from other area in Japan, "Do you really have Takoyaki maker at your home? Do you really have TAKOYAKI for dinner in Osaka?"
I always respond, "OF COURSE!!!! I am a KANSAI JIN (=I'm from around Osaka.) ".
For the people from other area in Japan, they think it is strange for us to have Takoyaki for dinner, and they seem to have Takoyaki as snack.
This time we realized all of the Takoyaki maker's color is RED!
We were thinking why....
Maybe the red comes from the color of octopus?

Ingredients: flour, eggs, yum, diced octopus, tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, green onion, cabbage, dashi (powder tastes fish)
on the top of Takoyaki: Takoyaki sauce, green laver (aonori), mayonnaise, katsuobushi (fish shavings)

Those are basic ingredients, HOWEVER, we put strange things in Takoyaki, and played game!

We put.... mustard, WASABI, Marmite (Vegemite), chocolate.
I put these things in Takoyaki in my turn, and others didn't know which ones had mustard, WASABI in it.
My friend who got mustard one, he was eating is with tears in his eyes....
Sorry!

Missionary, Liz wanted chocolate one, and she was excited to put it into her mouse, but actually it was Marmite one that she didn't want to...
Aina, who was in New Zealand for 4 years? , brought Marmite. In Australia it is called Vegemite.
Except her, all of us didn't like Marmite f^_^;
We played “Sign Game” and “Spoon”.
It was really fun, and the loser had to make Takoyaki for others!!!
Please come to Osaka to have Takoyaki party with me :)

No comments:
Post a Comment