Mine was pretty busy!
I met many of my frieds, and especially I was really busy yesterday(on Aug. 27).
I helped Sunday school, attended service, had lunch, attended a celemony for the people who were rison up to the Heaven with my mother, had a Bible Study with my pastor and others, attended an orientation for September program of Homestay, and had dinner with my church friends.
It was really nice a church staff and Kaori who is a Homestay staff came to talk with my mom after the celemony.
After my grandmother entered hospital, I attend a night service, and I have been absent from Sunday school for three month, but I went to Sunday school yesterday, and could meet 12 sweet Japanese, American and Korean kids. They are so sweet.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My friend, Jim visited Osaka.
So he and I invited Homestay OBs and my friends who know Jim for dinner on Aug. 25, 2006.
We went to “OUT BACK GRILL Osaka”.
We sent emails them last week, so I think most people had already had their plan, and only 6 homestay friends came. But still it was really nice to see them and it was nice for them to see Jim!!
This time 4 friends including myself who joined homestay in 2002 summer came, and I met one girl for the first time in 6 years!
Everyone who came to Outback

Ai & Ikuko
I had a bacon cheese burger!

Homestay OB Ai Shoko Kana Mami Akiko
J im Sachiko
2000 Summer friends Akiko Jim Ai
Kana Mami
Church Friends: I invited some church friends who have met Jim, and also my church friends who hadn’t met him, and they came. I was really happy they joined us.
Ayumi Ai Ixy Ikuko
Oka-chan, Jim
We had to leave OUTBACK after 2 hours, and Jim, I, Shoko, Ayumi, Ikuko, Oka-chan and Ixy went to Starbucks.
Except Shoko, other friends who went to Starbucks are my church friends!
High School Reunion
On Saturday I had a reunion party for the 3rd grade class of my high school. We have had a reunion EVERY YEAR since we graduated from high school.
We decided to have it on the last Sat. of August, and we use the same Izakaya(Japanese Bar) for about 8 years.
I’m always a planner, so now I’m a little tired, and not so many people are coming since we have a reunion every year, so we discussed and decided to have 10th reunion next year in 2007 and we won’t have one for 5 or 10 years.

My Classmates:
Oh, wait! There is an American! Yes, he is Jim!! Why?? Going back to 3 years ago…
Jim needed to a place to stay night when he came to Osaka 3 years ago, and he asked me about our place. It was nice to have him at our home, but the problem was I had a reunion on that day, and nobody except picked him up, so he needed to join the reunion.
That’s why he first joined us.
He was very popular in my class, at that time about 15 class mates came, and everyone was really excited to talk to Jim. Fortunately our teacher is an English teacher and he joined a reunion every year too (this year didn’t come (+_+) ), and he was speaking English!
We all were amazed that our teacher could speak English!!! We hadn’t known he could! lol
My friends invited Jim to join a reunion of 2005, and Jim actually came! They were really happy Jim came for the second time.
And this year he came again!
Shoko, Ai and Jim
When we were taking pictures, I asked Shoko to take only classmates picture. Naturally we were including Jim as a classmate and it was funny for us that we didn’t realize that actually he wasn’t a classmate!
To come to Osaka to go to a Japanese musicians’ concert, join our reunion after the concert, stay at my place on the last weekend of August are customary things for Jim in Japan. :)
***I updated something about the prayers of Aug.25, 2006.


No comments:
Post a Comment