August 11, 2006

Lunch with my boss

Today my boss took me and other female coworkers to lunch.
He prefers Japanese foods to western foods (meats, etc).
So he took us to a really nice Japanese restaurant.




This is lunch menu board. They have only one menu for lunch.
This lunch costs 1,600yen (about US$15.00-).
I could come here for lunch with my friends if I want, however, their dinner is really expensive.
My boss told us that people spend about 10,000yen (about US$100.00-) as an average. Wow, that's really expensive (~0~)
He takes us to his favorite restaurants sometimes (once a year?).
He likes drinking, so he left our office and got there earlier than we did because he wanted to drink beers.lol

When first I saw this lunch, it didn't seem to be enough my stomach(f^_^;), and I was thinking to get some bowls of rice, but actually the lunch was enough. (^-^)
(I had 2 bowls of rice. I LOVE Japanese rice!!)


This is an pickled eggplant.

This NASUBI (pickled eggplant) is my boss' favorite, so do I.
I LOVE Japanese pickles. Unfortunately I don't like American pickled cucumbers (+_+)
What else I ate....? broiled [roast] fish, a fish boiled in broth, Tempura, Mozuku (seaweed of the family Spermatochnaceae, considered a delicacy when seasoned with vinegar), sweetpoteto, Tofu...etc.

I loved the foods and also the atmosphere of the restaurant.
This restaurant is located in a hiding place, and they seem they want only their regular customers to come.

2 comments:

Leslie Dieterle said...

I don't like American pickles either - except sweet pickle relish. :)

I like Japanese food, except for nato and umeboshi.

Triplelove said...

>Leslie
oh, you either??
Ahhh, you don't like Natto and Umeboshi! Yappari Amerika jin!!! ne!! :)