We call this "WATA GASHI" in Japanese.
WATA= cotton, GASHI (KASHI) =confectionery
When I was a little girl, I wanted to get this Watagashi. I think kids choose the bags that they like. There are bags with the prints of Japanese characters. I don't know how much they are now. It must be really expensive!!
AME=candy, ZAIKU (SAIKU) =handiwork
Many people were surrounding this man. People were amazed this man was making dragons, Hello Kitty etc by hand with candy.
KINGYO SUKUI ~scooping gold fish~
KINGYO=gold fish, SUKUI=a scoop
I LOVE KINGYO SUKUI! I've scooped 24 gold fish once!!! It is really difficult to scoop them with a tool that has really thin paper... So I did really good job!! lol I used to have some gold fish that I scooped when I was an elementary school student. They grew really big. Their size became about 6 inch. Some people can scoop a lot, and others just break the tools with the thin paper by 1 scoop.
AYU ~an ayu (fish), a sweetfish~
I know you can't believe that I'm eating this AYU. lol It has a lot of salt on it, and it was really yummy.



No comments:
Post a Comment